Monday, June 07, 2010

“Helen Thomas retiring effectively immediately”

During the latter days of my career and after dealing with the public for many years, every once in a while I would hear people say, “You’ll know when it’s time for you to retire.”

Kudos to the venerable Ms. Helen Thomas! She knows her time has come and I sincerely hope it is as painless as the experiences of many before her. I hope she see it as a re-birth i.e., being born again but this time with lots of wisdom.

Now Ms. Thomas can go through the maturation periods of old age; old age toddler, old age early adolescence and especially the old age period of saying and doing what you want to say and do.

In retirement, Ms. Thomas will inventory her own unique treasure chest of life’s experiences and make decisions regarding various ways in which to share them, hopefully before much later manifestations of old age come on stage.

In my opinion, and at this time in world history, the decision of 89 year old Ms. Thomas to retire could not have happened to a better person and at a better time. I most sincerely wish her well. We need her!

Ms. Thomas knows exactly where many of our political bodies are buried and recently giving us but a teaser by saying that the occupiers of Israel should return to their ports of origin. My antennae periscoped; “Ms. Thomas! Helen? my word! Is that you??” I am mindful of what I always say, “American heroes come from the most un-expected places!”

As always,
BB

Helen Thomas RETIRING effectively immediately
Excerpt:
Helen Thomas, the 89-year-old veteran White House correspondent, will retire effective immediately in the wake of her offensive comments on Israel.
Read more at:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/07/helen-thomas-retiring-eff_n_603026.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home