Sunday, October 24, 2010

The “It’s a tie!” BS

“It’s a tie”, the posters proudly announce! I personally think those three words are the end product of a short and not so subtle negotiated money trail.

“It’s a tie” means 50/50 to me; half and half; even Steven, neck’n neck, if you will. If you apply this to a political campaign, that means every other one of your neighbors is voting contrary to your vote. In your apartment building, every other door represents a resident voting the opposite of you. On the subway and on the bus at all times of the day and evening, the same “It’s a tie!” principle applies.

If the modus operandi of pollsters is to motivate voters, I can only say it’s a good gimmick. Probably makes lots of money for the pollsters in ways we do not know at this time. I would, however, be shocked, shocked you hear, to learn the coffers of pollster are lined with cooperate funds.

“It’s a tie!” is getting passé to me. To conjure up an old expression, “It’s tired!” I am mindful the President called this ”The silly season”. He was spot on.

As always,
BB

P.S. I note multi-millionaire political candidate from Alaska Lisa Mukowskis’ impressive poll numbers upon re-entering the race as a write-in candidate. (Yawn)
P.P.S. I do not believe with a random group of people you are going to get 50/50 agreements on anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home