Wednesday, August 11, 2010

“Professional left” are “Pushy parents!”

I can not find where the words “Professional left” came from but the remarks of White House press secretary are all over the place:
"I hear these people saying he's like George Bush. Those people ought to be drug tested, Gibbs told The Hill's Sam Youngman, in an interview published Tuesday. "I mean, it's crazy." This "professional left," he added, "will be satisfied when we have Canadian health care and we've eliminated the Pentagon. That's not reality."

Ask any child of a pushy parent; consider a mother who wants her daughter to be on Broadway or a father grooming his son to eventually take over his law firm and you will understand “Pushy parents” aka “Professional left”.

- “I don’t want to see anymore Bs’ and Cs’ on this report card, do you understand me? No more!”

- “Are you crazy? No son/daughter of mine would ever do such a thing!!”

- “I’ve made up my mind! If these grades don’t improve, you’re going to live with your father!”

- “Don’t trust anybody! Question everything!”

- "Why can't you be more like your cousin Herman?"

I would wager there are more than a few adults thankful for their "Pushy parents". They may not love them or even like them but hey, you can't win'em all!

As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home