Friday, August 06, 2010

Microsoft Works and Cut & Paste

On my spankin’ new HP Pavilion Slimline computer, I can not Cut & Paste.

I found a lot of web sites with computer owners registering the identical complaints with no answers. There were a lot of “try this” and “try that” but the reply was always, “It did not work!”

I called Microsoft Works who identified the problem as an old copy of FoxFire and I upgraded to the newest edition to no avail; Cut & Paste still does not work and has made it difficult to provide sources for my blogs.

Microsoft Works gave a follow-up call and I told them their solution did not work. I told them I have learned the problem is pervasive amongst computer owners who bought Windows 7. I told them I was surprised they were not aware of the problem and if they were, why something has not been done about it in the form of a patch or something. I was asked, “Can we try to fix the problem again?” I replied “No” and was asked permission to close out the complaint. I gave my pissed off consent.

Since Cut & Paste has something to do with the clipboard, I suspect that to be a large part of the problem and do not know how to begin to trouble shoot.

This is the message I get:
“Microsoft Works Word Processor has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working.”

==================================
More bad news today…
The letter from The Board of Elections read, “ (since) you have been registered with a political party that no longer meets the legal qualifications for party status under Maryland Election Law,” you have to choose another party affiliation i.e., (mark one) Democratic, Republican, Unaffiliated, Constitution, Green or Libertarian.

I was briefly a registered “Independent” and Republicans are doing this to me just ’cause I stopped listening to anything they have to say. They are out to get me! I turn them off everytime they come on television and the latest was this afternoon when Andrea Mitchell had one of those critters on her show.

I can not find any reason to listen to anything anyone of them has to say due to the fact I feel they are not participating in the democratic process in any meaningful way and since I am a political junkie, what on earth can they say to me? That’s why I know they are out to get me and they got me good this time! However, I am of the “He who laughs last..” school and I am right up there with the defiant Liza Dolittle, “Just you wait, ‘Enry ‘Iggins, just you wait!” (Smile)

As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home