Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sec. Holder to Gov. Brewer, “How can I help?”

With those four words, it is hard to imagine going through this drama presently unfolding in Arizona. With those four words, most likely Gov. Brewer would have replied in essence:
Thank you for asking, Mr. Secretary. Have a seat and I really want to thank you for not taking this matter into the courts.

As you can imagine, going into court would have exacerbated anxieties in our Latino community and heavily tapped into our already meager resources. As things now stand, we are broke and to have to go fighting your office in court and creating a media frenzy and paying overtime to my police and sanitation departments would have been something I would not wish on my worst enemy.

I'm glad I got your attention before signing that immigration bill. I was hoping we would have this talk before I felt I had to sign on the dotted line, and now that you are here, willing to listen and offering your help, I am grateful. Now these are the things I need your help and feedback on…..

As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home