Friday, April 01, 2011

Republican restaurants and scrambled eggs (Amusement)

As for myself, visiting Republican talk shows is like going to a verbal restaurant.

Unlike a traditional restaurant, Republican talk show restaurants only serve verbal scrambled eggs. The scrambled eggs maybe mixed with ham, sausages, lox or even Hawaiian fruits but scrambled eggs non-the-less. They are a trip!

Upon visiting the restaurant, my task, after paying the entrance fee of my time, is to enjoy using my wits and knowledge un-scrambling the verbal egg de jour; to return the egg to its un-altered, un-fucked up state.

In my opinion, it is entertainment but you have to know how to play the game. I am mindful of the female contestant on a game show who solved the word puzzle after seeing only one letter of the word due to the fact, she said, she had played the game so many years watching it on television.

Meanwhile, back at the restaurant.

So it is you have to pay extra time for extra dishes if you want to be particularly orderly and discriminating. That is, if you are itching to become a very satisfied customer and strut your stuff.

For example, you may want a separate dish or bowl in which to put the salt and pepper, and a separate dish or bowl for the meat and so on. You have to pay for each additional dish or bowl. The prices are the same. However, you must be ever mindful the objective is to return the egg to its original un-discriminated and recognizable form and not get side-tracked.

Sometimes it is a daunting task. It always depends on the depth and breath of your knowledge on certain subjects. If I know little to nothing on the subject of the scrambled egg de jour, I get frustrated. There are times it is impossible to put the egg together again and I have to send compliments to the chef. This sometimes happens if the chef slips a heavy load of bulls’ shit in the egg. It can make you sick if you fool with it too long. This is a good reason to know your herbs and spices.

However and vise versa, if I am knowledgeable on the subject and complete the task with bulls’ shit and all, I self-grade myself, stick out my chest, leave the restaurant and go whistling down the street with a smile on my face heading towards home looking forward to a good nights’ sleep; ‘…I pray the Lord my soul to take.’

As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home