Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Some dirty dishes in my little kitchen sink

It really caught my attention when U.N Secretary Dr. Susan Rice walked out on a speech given by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Prime minister of Iran. I thought it was non-productive and silly. This happened a few years back but my emotions re-occurred last year when Wisconsin Democrats walked out of the chambers and went into hiding in efforts to avoid many of the realities of the world. Their ostrich and arrogant childish behavior spoke volumes as to their capabilities to handle the higher echelons of diplomatic negotiations.
To read more, Google “Democrats walking out”.
=====================================
In further reference to the Wisconsin elections, I learned the unions were taking monies out of the pay checks of workers each and every payday. This was mandatory in order to work at the work site. The unions  bundled the  monies to make political contributions and to purchase members of Congress. Gov. Walker gave union members a choice to pay union dues as they desire and not as a mandate to keeping their job.
Memories sprang up how my Black ancestors were/are not allowed to join unions and how much generational wealth and influences was thereby  denied.
=====================================

Everytime I see the series “Lockup” on television, I think of  Democrats and how they passed laws enabling so many  Blacks to go rot in jail. I am mindful of  the building of the Prison Industrial Complex and the Three Strikes You’re Out laws.
===================================
The Rachel Maddow Show has begun to make me nervous. I strongly suspect some subliminal negative propaganda. I hope I am wrong but I repeat: her show has begun to make me nervous.
====================================
One final issue regarding Wisconsin: Democrats in Wisconsin wanted Pres. Obama to visit to stump for the Democratic  contender Mayor Tom Barrett. I think the President has learned the wisdom of not trying to influence local politics. It is very risky!

As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home