Tuesday, August 09, 2011

S&P downgrading and Letters from Camp

Ever since the downgrading of America from AAA to AA+ by Standard and Poor’s, we have gotten interpretations and opinions from the President to Donald Trump to Richard L. Trumka, AFL-CIO President to Rachel Maddow.

I am mindful of the letter we got from our daughter when she had her first Summer Camp experience. The letter was different than excerpts below but non the less, no less amusing. I Googled “Letters from Camp”.
Dear Mom: Thanks for the package you sent. I’m sending you something back. It’s the wrapper from a cough drop. The nurse gave it to me when I had an ear ache. Then I threw up. And she gave me an allergy pill. I don’t think she really knows what she’s doing.
Love, Twirl

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/sabusykids/2011/07/dear-mom-letters-from-camp/

And
Dear Mom and Dad,
Our Scoutmaster told us to write to our parents in case you saw the flood on TV and were worried. We are OK. Only one of our tents and two sleeping bags got washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because we were all up the mountain looking for Chad when it happened. Oh yes, please call Chad's mother and tell her he is OK. He can't write because of the cast. I got to ride in one of the search and rescue jeeps. It was neat. We never would have found him in the dark if it wasn't for the lightning.

And
By the way, what is a pedophile?

Read more (hilarious) at:
http://www.tysknews.com/LiteStuff/letter_from_camp.htm

As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home