Thursday, June 30, 2011

Mr. President, no answer for 7 down and 2 across

When announcements are made the President is going to give a speech, I metaphorically take out my pencil and lay my crossword puzzle in my lap ready for answers.

The President began giving his speech on Wednesday morning at eleven thirty. I was ready.

The clue for 7 down was “Why Libyan war has gone beyond a few weeks” and the clue for 2 across was “Dealing with Debt Ceiling”.

The answer the President gave for 7 down was, “America is no longer leading the war in Libya” and for 2 across, he gave the answer “The Republicans are not doing their job of providing leadership”.

I do not know why those answers did not fit in my crossword grid. I was frustrated and confused. Damit! I remember saying, “Same ol’ shit!” while fighting a strong urge to start an earlier than usual Happy Hour.

As a change of pace and in reference to the August 2nd debt ceiling issue, I heard a reporter saying as long as he has been in Washington, the debt ceiling issue has always been resolved at the last minute. “Not to worry,” he implied, “the good guys will win in the end.”

It would be good reading for me if a reporter would chronicle the drama leading up to a few of the ‘last minute’ resolutions of raising the debt ceiling. It would be fun following the characters who back-track, the ones who pull rabbits out of their hats (and asses) and, alas, the true heroes of the day. Ah, were I a reporter…(Sigh)
As always,
BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home