Saturday, May 15, 2010

Elena Kagan: How to groom a U.S. mole

There is something strange about the nomination of Ms. Kagan to the Supreme Court of the United States.

I say “strange” due to the fact I can not understand what she would offer to the court. What are her strong areas of interest and expertise? Are there no family members speaking up? Who, other than her friends, are calling her “The cat’s meow?”

From the little I know, Ms. kagan can not or does not write and I have not heard anything meaningful she has said or done; both of which raises a red flag for me. Perhaps some anecdotal stories about clerking for Thurgood Marshall or conversations with some other people of note. Yes, there is nothing! Not even a favorite recipe or ownership of a cat.

My first impressions of Ms. Kagan occurred when there were no kisses from either her or the President at the formal announcement of her candidacy. No big hugs, tears of joy or a public sharing of spontaneous emotions which I have come to expect as a result of such an honor. In my opinion, this was unusual behavior.

After witnessing the “non kiss” between the President and Ms. Kagan, I went to Wikipedia only to find one of the shortest biographies they have on their site. Just last week her religion was listed as “Jewish” and I note today it has been changed to “Conservative Judaism”; yet another red flag.

When Ms. Kagan’s religion was listed as Jewish, I asked myself, “What Senator is going to risk being called anti-Semitic or a self hating Jew due to his questioning her at her confirmation hearings?” It was then I concluded her confirmation is a done-deal and there are reasons to be concerned about her being on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Finally and perhaps not so unrelated to the nomination of Ms. Kagan, I read somewhere that the President, as far as we know, did not even consider a Black female thereby propelling her into history, creating another Black role-model for us.

Fighting for the dignity of my Ancestors,
God bless Bill Gates, WPFW, C-SPAN and the spirits of the unborn for the help,
BB
P.S. Does Ms. kagan have duel citizenship?
Nothingburger
by forgetting
Excerpt:
Far be it from me to second guess a Supreme Court nomination, but let me tell you why Elena Kagan is a bigger nothingburger than this diary.

And
Explain to me how once in her life she stood up for a principle worth holding, how she risked reputation and position to defend that principle. Show me where she weighed in on any of the momentous issues listed above, where she registered complaint or agreement.
Read more at:
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/5/15/866643/-Nothingburger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home